Executive Strategist, CrowdStrike
Colonel (Retired) Jeff Worthington, Executive Strategist, sits on the Public Sector Industry Business Unit at CrowdStrike where he provides strategic advisory services related to enterprise cybersecurity solutions for Public Sector organizations across Federal, State and Local, Higher Education and Healthcare. Prior to joining CrowdStrike, he served as the Chief Information Officer for the Joint Special Operations Command and Deputy Director of XVIII Airborne Corps’ Project Ridgway. This capped a career of uniformed federal service spanning 30 years installing, operating, maintaining and defending our Nation’s most vital information network across the globe. He has extensive experience leading cyber, IT, network and communications teams at all levels of military service across the DoD and within both conventional and Airborne Special Operations units from the foxhole to the White House. His leadership and executive operational experiences include Information Security, IT governance & strategy, network/systems operations, and implementation/integration of robust enterprise systems and services.
The cyber threat landscape is unpredictable and features security concerns that must be shared across all levels of the organization. Understanding the significance of recent events gives visibility into the shifting dynamics of adversary tactics, which is critical for staying ahead of and ultimately defeating today’s threats. As security teams assess the evolving threat landscape, what changes are required, and what can be done about it?
5:00 PM EST Welcome Reception and Arrivals with Refreshments
6:00 PM EST Leadership Discussion
- Introduction (10 mins) The peer executive will engage the audience for brief introductions and discuss the format and key takeaways from the guided interaction conversation and dinner discussions.
- Guided Interactive Conversation (30 mins) – Topics include:
- What security teams need to know – and do – in an increasingly ominous threat landscape
- How to implement the right combination of security tools to stop an adversary with speed
- Effective security strategies and practical recommendations to stay ahead of next-level threats
- Open Forum Discussion (35 mins) This discussion will be based on the list of challenges discussed already and will take the format of group brainstorming and open discussion to come up with suggestions and solutions to common challenges at the executive level.
7:15 PM EST Dinner Service
9:00 PM EST Conclusion