SINC is the host of intimate B2B dinners and 2-day forum events that service the CIO/Senior IT Community. SINC offers top IT vendors the unrivaled opportunity to meet and engage with target customers in an environment that is customized to suit their specific needs and ultimately breeds long-term relationships.
Our responsibility is to make sure these networking events are memorable and valuable.
Through our Custom Networking Dinners, we have 4-5 hours to make an impact with these high-level executives at some of the best restaurants across the country. SINC is leading the industry in hosting some of the best IT networking events and these dinners are the first step into proving to our IT community how.
If you are confident in your interpersonal skills and love working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment – we want to hear from you!
Apply to join SINC today.
The Events Coordinator will be an integral part of the events, marketing and operations team at SINC. You will be assisting with regular outbound communication to both executive IT attendees (CIOs) and sponsors. LinkedIn, the CRM Database (Hubspot), regular email communications are just some of the tools necessary to keeping the business moving forward. Events and marketing works in conjunction with the Sales Department to provide necessary tools to account manage current event sponsors, future event sponsors and post event recaps.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Source new venues for dinners and manage relationships with existing venues
- Curate “special moments” for a more experiential and engaging event
- Understand contracts and identify significant payments and policies
- Manage event logistics and planning for in-person dinner events
- Assist with any and all logistical tasks needed to ensure event is a success
- Create menu selections in accordance with budget
- Track all budgeting details of the event from start to finish
- Book travel accommodations for all on-site staff
- Print and pack all dinner materials needed on-site
- Assist with on-site execution by managing SINC on-site team and restaurant;including travel (up to 30%)
- Background in event logistics OR banquet service in a restaurant
- Must be extremely detail oriented, reliable, able to meet strict deadlines, and work well under pressure; willingness to work off hours and weekends as needed is a must
- Excellent communication skills, specifically in writing and on the phone
- Must be a self-motivated, self-reliant worker who is skilled at teaching yourself new information and working both alone and in a team environment
- Self-starter (start-up culture), creative thinker and a problem solver with a can-do, positive anything attitude
- Must be familiar with both MS Office programs – specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook (Hubspot, Cvent, Zoom Webinar, Adobe Suite, Email Marketing preferred but not required)
- Interest or knowledge of Information Technology/Technology industry is a plus but not mandatory
- Advertising/Marketing, Hospitality, Business, or related bachelor’s degree OR relevant event/hospitality experience
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time out of state and into Canada/Mexico
- 40,000-45,000 USD Based Salary
- Guaranteed base, eligible for End of Year Bonus
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully expensed work trips to 4 & 5-star venues around the country
- Access to external events conferences and solutions
Great Benefits and Fun Perks
- Unlimited PTO
- Dental Insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Annual Holiday Shutdown from December 22nd to January 2nd
- We believe in regular fun office events and happy hours!
- We believe in community involvement, we’re also active participants of a variety of causes, including Austin Pets Alive, Tree Folks, and more!
Employees who have been extremely successful in this role:
- Recent graduates looking to break into event planning
- Candidates with Advertising/Marketing, Hospitality experience
- Former teachers, hospitality staff or others looking to make a career move
- Anybody who is looking to learn more about the corporate IT security space with high organizational skills.